Tournament Rules & Contests
JIM DITCH 11th ANNUAL GOLF TOURNAMENT
GOLF SCRAMBLE RULES – Four Person Scramble Format
MEN = White Tees WOMEN = Red Tees
- A scramble means that all team members tee off on each hole and then decide which tee shot they like the best and mark the spot with a tee or ball marker. You may lift, clean and place your ball within one (1) club length on the selected shot; however, you may not move your ball out of a hazard (including bunkers), out of the rough, from the fairway or rough to the apron or from the apron to the green.
- Putts need to be placed within 3 inches of the marked spot (no closer to the hole). The first ball that goes in the hole is counted for the team score.
- This procedure is followed on every shot for the remainder of the golf holes, including putts. Balls must be marked on the putting green.
- Mulligans can only be used individually. One mulligan ticket for one shot. Purchased in advanced.
- Play ready golf and waive players up on Par 3’s if needed. No practice at any time.
- Team score not to exceed double bogey per hole.
- Please turn in your OFFICIAL scorecard at the end of round to the Tournament Director and the scoring table.
- Please rake all marks made in sand bunkers. Please leave the rakes in the bunkers.
- Leave the putting green as soon as you have holed out.
- Do not play until the players in front of you are out of range.
- Please observe all local course rules. And ENJOY THE DAY! ☺
Closest to the Pin Men and Women:
If your tee shot is on the green and closest to the Pin/Hole, write your name on the marker card and place the marker in the ground on the spot where your ball
came to rest. Once the marker has been placed in the ground, it should stay there until someone else hits a closer shot. Use the flagstick as a measuring rod if it is a close call. Then, that person should repeat the procedure of writing their name on the card below the other name(s) and place the marker at the spot. Today’s “CTP” hole is # 7.
Longest Drive: Men and Women.
If first drive is in the fairway and the longest, write your name on the marker card and place the marker in the ground on the spot where your ball lays. Once the marker has been placed in the ground, it should stay there until someone else makes a longer drive. Then, that person should repeat the procedure of writing their name on the card below the other name(s) and place the marker at the spot. Today’s Longest Drive holes for both Men and Women is hole #14.
Hole-In One Contest:
Hole #16. – You must enter the Hole-In One Contest to win the prize if you
make an ace. Then you’re a winner of $10,000 or other prizes. Please see staff at tee box assigned to contest hole, prior to hitting. Good Luck!
We will use scramble teams lowest score to determine score. Ties will be done by using lowest handicap holes to determine winners. Sudden death.